About Our Pediatric Chiropractic Care
Overview of Pediatric Chiropractor Care:
Pediatric chiropractors have been providing children relief from specific conditions in a way that is both natural and safe. Children who suffer from ailments of the spine, nerves or joints can benefit from adjustments by their pediatric chiropractor. Additionally, chiropractic adjustments can be therapeutic for children who have been injured in an accident or by playing sports.
Spinal Alignment – Believe it or not, your spine can begin to give you trouble before you are even born, thanks to the position it is forced to take in the womb. The process of birth can also add to spine trauma for a newborn, which is thought to lead to common newborn health issues such as colic, acid reflux and problems with breastfeeding.
Injury- No matter how carefully you watch your children, it is just a matter of time before they take a tumble. Unfortunately, some injuries are more serious than others, and a major fall, playground incident, or car accident can leave a child with spine, joint or nerve problems that can seriously impact their overall health. If your child is involved in a serious accident or is injured playing sports or in the schoolyard, it may be wise to schedule an appointment with a pediatric chiropractor to check your child’s spinal health as soon as possible. If your child has sustained an injury, regular chiropractic adjustments will help to relieve pain and promote proper healing and reconnecting of nerves.
Stress– Childhood is said to be the most carefree time of a person’s life, but this doesn’t mean our children are free of stress. Children who show signs and symptoms of being stressed out by school, changes at home, or a recent traumatic event may benefit from chiropractic adjustments. Additionally, children with behavioral or emotional disorders have benefited from receiving regular adjustments from a pediatric chiropractor.
Here are 7 helpful ways that a Pediatric Chiropractor may benefit your child:
1. Promotes good healthy living - Children with a properly aligned spine and neck tend to have better posture and be in better overall health. Chiropractic not only helps align the spine and neck, but also helps to clear the neural pathways. This helps the nervous system to perform well, which is vital to healthy living. Also, due to a pediatric chiropractor's full-body approach, it’s a good foundation for regular exercise, healthy eating, and a healthy overall lifestyle in kids.
2. Effective in treating childhood issues such as colic and earaches - When it comes to treating a variety of childhood illnesses and conditions, numerous studies have proven the efficacy of chiropractic care. Chiropractic has proven to be effective in treating chronic cases of colic in babies, making for a much happier baby.
Similarly, if your child is sick with an earache or sinus congestion, an adjustment can help in draining fluid from the ears. And if your child suffers from asthma, a chiropractic adjustment can help reduce pinched or misaligned nerves that may be affecting the bronchial tubes, lungs, or diaphragm.
3. Helps with breastfeeding - Many new mothers and babies find it difficult to stay or latch onto the breast during breastfeeding. The child birthing process can be very difficult on babies. It takes a toll on their little bodies. Pediatric chiropractors can help realign the baby’s spine, neck, or shoulders, making for a more comfortable feeding process… and help eliminate some of the stress that goes with it.
4. Helps with sleeping - If you have kids, you’ve probably spent many nights trying to get your kids to bed, only to be up throughout much of the night and get very little sleep yourself. For some children sleep training is enough to get them to sleep better. But this doesn’t work for all babies or children. If your child has a misaligned vertebra that is causing discomfort or disruption to the nervous system, pediatric chiropractic care can be a great solution and help them, and you, get some much needed sleep.
5. Minimizes the risk of injury - Compared to the bones of adults, babies and toddlers have more flexible bones. Unfortunately, they are not spared from sustaining injuries. A good way of preventing injury in children is to ensure regular chiropractic care, which helps to keep the joints and ligaments supple. Once your child begins to turn over, sit up, crawl, pull up, walk and becomes more mobile, chiropractic becomes very useful. During each of these growing phases, chiropractic care can ensure easier and smoother transitions, and lead to fewer injuries.
6. Falls and injuries - Bumps and bruises are common for kids. And while it’s easy to tell if your kid has had a major injury, it’s much harder, if not impossible, to tell when a child has micro trauma. Micro trauma could be the result of tripping or falling, or some other accident. Unfortunately, over time these micro traumas can lead to subluxations, which increase the chances of long-term health issues. When it comes to treating misalignments or subluxations, chiropractors are experts in locating subluxations, or misalignments, and correcting them.
7. Helps with ADHD/ADD - Believe it or not, several studies have revealed that children with ADHD/ADD have had positive transformations with chiropractic treatment. Though yet to be proven, some studies have even suggested that chiropractic could be more effective than medication. Moreover, parental surveys of their children’s hyperactivity have indicated that many parents believe their children’s ADHD has improved after being treated with chiropractic.
Contact Limitless Chiropractic!
The chiropractic experts at Limitless Chiropractic specialize in many chiropractic services including: Chiropractic Adjustments, Pregnancy Chiropractic Care, Pediatric Chiropractor Care, Sports Chiropractor Care & Upper Cervical Care.