What Is A Chiropractic Adjustment?
A chiropractic adjustment is a procedure in which a chiropractors use their hands or a small instrument to apply a controlled, sudden force to a spinal joint. The goal of this procedure, also known as spinal manipulation, is to improve spinal motion and improve your body's physical function. Low back pain, neck pain and headaches are the main reason for having a Chiropractic Adjustment.
Limitless Chiropractic, a Charlotte Chiropractor and Upper Cervical Care office, is trained in the art of spinal manipulation and other Chiropractic Services to help alleviate many patients' pain or discomfort.
During The Procedure
During a typical chiropractic adjustment with Limitless Chiropractic, we will place you in specific positions to treat affected areas. Often, you're positioned lying facedown on a specially designed, padded chiropractic table. Our Chiropractors use his or her hands to apply a controlled, sudden force to a joint, pushing it beyond its usual range of motion. You may hear popping or cracking sounds as your we move your joints during the treatment session.
Benefits Of A Chiropractic Adjustment
- Improves joint mobility, function and health.
- Makes tight muscles loose and loose muscles tight and improves the contractibility (thereby strength) of the muscle.
- Decreases degeneration of the joint and connective tissues (arthritis).
- Decreases the on-going inflammatory process associated with the subluxation.
- Improves circulation taking stagnant blood out and bringing new blood in.
- Speeds up the recovery process.
- Improves nerve system function and the individual nerve’s ability to carry nerve impulses more efficiently.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves individual organ system function (heart, lung, sinuses, digestive, etc).
- Improves a person’s disposition (they’re more FUN to be around).
- Calms a hyperactive mind and energizes a depressed mind.
- Increases energy, vitality and improves sleep.
- Relieves/Improves Prenatal Discomfort
- Decreases length of labor and associated back pain.
- Decreases the adverse effects of stress.
- Improves athletic performance (for ANY sport).
- Improves Quality of Life by enhancing the enjoyment/fulfillment of a person’s Key Values
- Prevention ability for sickness, disease and pain.
- Improves overall health and wellness for infants and children.
- Improves cognitive ability (ability to THINK more clearly).
- Oh…and it DECREASES PAIN!
After The Procedure
Some people experience minor side effects after a chiropractic adjustment. Some of the side effects are aching or soreness in the spinal joints or muscles. If this aching or soreness occurs, it is usually within the first few hours post-treatment and does not last longer than 24 hours after the chiropractic adjustment. These side effects can result in the movement or shifting/correcting of the spine and/or neck.
Tension and release
Another important factor is tension. All day, every day we carry tension around our bodies. Stress, strain, upset anger and frustration can lead to an increase in tension of the myofascial system. This is a system of fibrous connective tissues that extends all across our bodies and is intrinsically tied to the entire musculoskeletal system. We may not be aware that we are carrying this tension around with us until it is released by the skilled hands of a chiropractor during a chiropractic adjustment.
Many of our clients compare the rush of wellbeing that comes after a chiropractic adjustment to the same rush that comes after a really satisfying workout. It’s easy to see why. Both activities facilitate a rush of endorphins (the brain’s natural painkillers and feel good chemicals) that leaves us feeling happy, healthy and well adjusted in every sense of the word when we hop off of the chiropractor’s table.
Contact Limitless Chiropractic!
The chiropractic experts at Limitless Chiropractic specialize in many chiropractic services including: Chiropractic Adjustments, Pregnancy Chiropractic Care, Pediatric Chiropractor Care, Sports Chiropractor Care & Upper Cervical Care.