Pediatric Upper Cervical Care
UPPER CERVICAL CHIROPRACTIC CARE IS VITAL IN CHILDREN’S HEALTH
Limitless Chiropractic In Charlotte, NC
Children and adults have different health issues. Some issues that children encounter in their earlier years can diminish or even disappear. Yet, some persistent conditions can worsen as the journey to adulthood unfolds. Many these chronic health issues can be traced to Upper Cervical (Upper Neck) concerns.
Let’s take the opportunity to investigate how upper cervical misalignments occur, what conditions/diseases are a result of these misalignments, and how specific, upper cervical chiropractic care can improve your children’s health gently and safely.
The reasons UPPER CERVICAL MISALIGNMENTS OCCUR IN OUR CHILDREN
The first two bones of the neck that make up the spine are located just underneath the skull. The atlas and the axis, the C1 and C2 vertebrae, are responsible for many important functions in the body, such as protection of the brainstem and proper blood flow supplies to the brain. The body has an excellent design, but misalignments can and do occur in the upper neck.
Take a moment to consider these life events and their connection to some of the causes of misalignments:
1.Start of life – Even during a natural childbirth (which seem to be very rare these days), pressure can be applied at the top of the neck and head, with minor or major misalignments taking place. Of course, the risks increase when complications from an invasive childbirth or use of instruments to help extract the baby from the birthing canal are involved.
2. Traumas – We all know "Kids will be kids”, which is also a great summary of how every day activities in a kid’s life lend themselves to the natural occurrence of injuries around the home and the playground. Children do have a special level of resiliency, but even the tiniest misalignment can take place and led to further complications. Your Limitless Docs in Ballantyne, Charlotte are here to thoroughly check your children after any type of head or neck injury or trauma even though there may be no outward sign of pain or disturbance.
3. Sports Injuries – Sports are everywhere today, including moving to year-round play for some. This longer exposure to sports seasons can heighten the potential for missing part of the game or season for even a minor injury. That ’s why your Limitless Chiropractic doctors in Ballantyne, Charlotte are dedicated to a complete exam of the upper cervical spine, particularly involving contact sports where a head or neck injury is more likely to take place.
4. Car Accidents – How safe are your children in the event of a car crash? A diagnosis of whiplash can be totally misleading because a misalignment can occur during an accident with a car trailing as slowly as 5 mph!
5. Assault – Unfortunately, If a child is a victim of a physical assault, misalignments in the neck are all too frequently overlooked and misdiagnosed.
WHAT CONDITIONS HAVE RECEIVED PHENOMENAL RESULTS RELATED TO THE UPPER CERVICAL SPINE at Limitless Docs, Ballantyne, Charlotte?
A prime location to affect the following parts of the body is located in the upper cervical spine:
- Brainstem – Instead direct contrast to the protection of the brainstem, a misaligned atlas can actually apply additional pressure and affect brainstem function.
- Blood flow – Since the cervical vertebrae are responsible for carrying oxygen-rich blood to the brain through loops of bone called the vertebral foramen, if there is a misalignment, this can reduce blood flow to the brain, causing many issues.
- Intracranial pressure – intracranial pressure can be heightened by a misalignment of the upper cervical spine due to the hindrance of proper drainage of cerebral spinal fluid.
- Ear function – The atlas is so closely located to the ears that proper drainage can be affected greatly by a misalignment. Chronic ear infections or problems with dizziness are all common issues due to a misalignment.
An upper cervical misalignment is connected to a wide variety of physiological and neurological ailments. Everything from migraines to acid reflux can relate to these changes in brainstem function, blood flow to the brain, and other complications.
UPPER CERVICAL MISALIGNMENTS CAN BE SAFELY
RELIEVED by visiting your Limitless Chiropractic doctors in Ballantyne, Charlotte
Previous chiropractor visits by oneself or their child/children that may have included ‘popping’ and/or twisting may cause one to pause before considering the chiropractic sub-specialty called Upper Cervical chiropractic. This technique offers adjustments of the C1 and C2 gently and based on the knowledge of when the subluxation is occurring.
Specific upper cervical chiropractic care details and unique characteristics:
- Precision – A very precise and gentle adjustment, Upper cervical misalignments can often be measured in hundredths of a degree or even in fractions of a millimeter!
- Gentleness – Administered by hand or with an adjusting instrument, low-force corrections are gentle enough for all members of a family or household, ranging from infants on up to the very elderly.
- Specific-to-YOU– Upper cervical chiropractic care offers care on as-needed basis, where an examination is always performed prior to any administration of care. We are always focusing on the atlas and its alignment.
Parents, you play a pivotal role in the health and wellness of all members of your entire family. We encourage you to schedule a consultation with one of the docs here at Limitless Chiropractic, Ballantyne, Charlotte, to learn more about how upper cervical chiropractic can improve your life today! Our website can also help you to get to know how Limitless Chiropractic specializes in upper cervical chiropractic care. We are here to promote the overall health of all members of your family! You can be certain that their children are receiving the best care without the risk of injury because upper cervical care is non-invasive; no pain is associated with the adjustments! The combination of the use of safe, comfortable diagnostic imaging techniques to pinpoint misalignments along with a physical examination combine for the non-invasive adjusting process.
CONTACT LIMITLESS CHIROPRACTIC!
The Charlotte Chiropractor & chiropractic experts at Limitless Chiropractic that specialize in many chiropractic services including: Chiropractic Adjustments, Pregnancy Chiropractic Care, Pediatric Chiropractor Care, Sports Chiropractor Care & Upper Cervical Care.